For the last couple of weeks, I have been reading and seeing some really great posts & videos on many different vintage topics. Some of them were so interesting that I thought I would share the Top 7 with you.
1. I’m going to begin with a real Canadian issue: The Weather.
Here in Canada we have a great show called ‘This Hour has 22 minutes‘ (now called ’22 minutes’) and it’s a comedy show that focuses on Canadian politics, combining news parody, sketch comedy and satirical editorials. It’s really funny and I have enjoyed their skits over the years. Recently they added a parody to the 100 years of Beauty video that has been making it’s rounds, with a VERY Canadian version. Take a look (click on image to see video)
2. Pembroke, Ontario, a local business entrepreneur, Lawrence Freiman has just opened an exciting new store that everyone in town is talking about…..
‘Online Shopping in the 1950s‘ by MessyNessychic
3. ‘How to get a 1930s Look without spending a fortune‘ by Vintage Gal
This post made me over the moon with excitement, because I love 1930s style (especially those wide legged pants) but really don’t have any pieces in my closet due to the cost. WELL those days are possibly over thanks to the Vintage Gal. Check out her post on some great tips.
4. The big VIVA Rockabilly weekender is almost upon us (APRIL!!) and Jessica from Chronically Vintage did a super post on ‘25 Fabulous Vintage Fashions Finds for VIVA‘. Happy Shopping!
5. Need a little Vintage music inspiration? Then look no further then ‘The Glamorous Housewife” blog post on just that, ‘A Vintage Inspired Musical Journey‘. She has featured 5 fantastic artists, including Toronto’s favorite ‘Alex Pangman‘ who plays for the Lindy Hop scene and Jazz lovers alike on a regular basis.
6. As Black History Month is winding down, I wanted to share a very important piece of Canadian History. The story of Viola Desmond, an entrepreneur who challenged segregation in Nova Scotia in the 1940s.
7. And then to end this post, lets end it with the most heart warming moment of this month…..71 Years Later, WWII Vet Reunites with Wartime Girlfriend in Australia.
I hope you enjoyed some of these vintage goodies, as much as I did (Isn’t that last one just so wonderful??).
Question Time: Did you find some cool reads or videos this month that you would like to share? If so post in the comments below.
Have a great weekend friends.