Another month is zipping on by like it was almost never here, can you believe it? I have had a fairly quiet month, beside my yearly Vegas Trip for German Karneval (Mardi Gras), I have stayed pretty close to home. This means I have had lots of time to do some reading and some YouTube watching. Today’s post is a highlight of some of the vintage goodies I have enjoyed this month.
Today’s post features:
- Women pilots making their mark in history
- Badass animals of WWII
- Stories of a shop girl
- Room to Room Guide to Vintage Shabby Chic
- Rare photos from the birth of the ‘New Look’
- Miss Toronto Pageant 1938 & 39
- Mary Tyler Moore Bloopers
Grab a coffee, sit back and enjoy.
1. Bessie Colman and the Women Pilots History Shouldn’t Forget by CNN
Thursday’s Google Doodle was of a woman, named Bessie Coleman. Bessie was the first African-American woman to hold a pilot license. She was also the first American woman to hold an international pilot license. Wow this is truly fantastic!
I have had never heard of Bessie but she will forever be on my mental mantle of awesomeness, right up there with the other women mentioned in the above article.
2. The 26 Most Badass Animals from WWII by Buzzfeed
3. There is a Twitter page called ‘Diary Dear‘ that tells the tales of a shop girl living in Toronto, starting in 1938. They tweet a page from her diary every day and so far what I have read has been fascinating for the vintage lover like myself. I will be interested to see if they get far enough into her diary where she begins to mention WW2, and what it is like in Toronto at that time.
4. The ingenious story of how Fiestaware invaded the baby boomer kitchen by Stephanie Buck
5. Need ideas on how to give your home a bit of that Vintage Shabby Chick look? Then this Room by Room Guide to Vintage Chic by Laura Preston, inspired by the Rosebery Hotel is perfect for you!
6. LIFE with Dior: Rare photos from the birth of the ‘New Look‘
7. “Toronto, the city with the most beautiful girls”. Miss Toronto Pageant 1938 and 1939 (LOVE THIS!)
8. Sadly we lost the wonderful Mary Tyler Moore this week, but I think one of the best ways to remember her, is thru laughter. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend Friends!